Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

That's Life


TOP PRIORITY
A young devotee wife at a supermarket looks for her husband’s favorite ginger ale. Unable to find the specific brand he likes, she asks a nearby store clerk for assistance. He suggests to her that the generic brand which is readily available on the shelf in front of her is just as good.

But the young lady insists it must be the specific brand name, because it is for someone else. The clerk in his turn swears to her that the other brand will do just as well.

At this point, she reveals to the clerk that the other person she is buying the drink for is her husband. But again he counters that that is all the more reason to try the other brand.

Not put off by the clerk's comments, the young woman asserts, “Maybe other women don’t care so much, but for me, my husband is top priority.”

After blinking thoughtfully a few moments, the clerk says to her, “Do you have a sister?”

ALL COVERED
A devotee mother sincerely compliments her married daughter for finally showing up at the temple not only wearing modest clothing, but also for covering her head.

Her daughter replies, “Oh, I’m just having a bad hair day.”

THE PEARL OF YOUTH
A pretty young woman driving with her elderly mother runs out of gas. Her mother walks into a nearby gas station for help. The clerk tells the mother, "We'll get with you in just a minute, Mam" and everyone appears busy.

Soon afterward, the daughter steps into the gas station, wondering what's going on while she makes the same request. Immediately, four men come hurrying out of the place to assist the lovely young woman, and they quickly push her car to the nearest gas pump.

Humor aside, Canakya Pandita wrote: “Oh, old woman, why do you look down?”

“Because I am searching for the pearl of my youth.”

A MORNING PRAYER
 

ASK A STUPID QUESTION...
Husband (to wife who made a mistake): How could you be so stupid?
Wife: I guess God made me stupid so you could have a life partner.

EQUIPOISED
Wife (helping her husband in his duties): Honey, I need a break. I'm not feeling so well.
Husband: My dear wife, please remember that one should be equipoised in happiness and distress, heat and cold, honor and dishonor...
WIFE: That is true, my dear, but simply by relating to you as your wife, I believe I already get plenty of practice!

POLY AMOROUS
Women 1: I could never share my husband. Could you stand having a co-wife?
Woman 2: I already do. Happily my husband has spent many a night with her... We call her "TV".

PUJARI ROOM HUMOR
Q: What do you call a prostitute who is sincerely devoted to God?
A: Sacred trash