Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Grind Your Own

(The latest grinder I use is a Komo Classic.grain mill Works well.)

WHEAT FLOUR (ATTA)
STEP 1 Get wheat berries. My favorite is Kamut. I store it in tightly sealed containers.

STEP 2 In a large, dry pan, sort your wheat for any foreign matter.


I set the Komo to a fine grind to make wheat flour (not pictured).

FARINA (SOOJI) I set the grinder to somewhere in the middle for sooji. Not too coarse nor fine.

The texture is like fine sand when toasted for upma or halava.


OATMEAL Not exactly steel cut, but the texture is good enough when set on a coarsest grind.


BESAN Use regular chana dahl, small split chickpeas, NOT kubli chana (garbanzo beans). Grind on fine setting like you would making atta.



TO BE CONTINUED


You may also like:
Grind Your Own Part II

Handy Cooking Tools