Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

home improvement month

Along with extra sensitivity and a tendency to clam up, the sun traveling through the sign of Cancer is a great time for home improvement projects. Its a good time to get the clutter out of that bedroom and go for some new colors. How about some sheer satiny curtains? This particular set were made from a sari passed on to me. Simply fold and cut two pieces the same. With matching or complementary threads, sew at the top a casing big enough so the chosen curtain rod easily fits through. Hem stitch at the bottom.

The color casts a golden glow to the room and I like to watch the gently billowing curtains, caught by the breezes passing through the window. I also like how they didn't cost me a cent to make.

Next project will be a new coat of paint, probably a creamy white tone along with a summery colored duvet and pillow casing. An afterthought, I wish I could have made these curtains much longer and the curtain rod above the window casing for a more dramatic effect...