Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Mango Dream

Lord Nrsinghadeva loves mangoes and also cooling foods. By His mercy I was inspired to create the following offering for his pleasure:

It was made with the shrikand recipe with double the usual yogurt and sweetener along with chopped mangoes. I had no electric for the entire day, so I just hung the shrikand out of the fridge for a change. I feared it'd be extra sour, so I added a bit more sugar. It turned out fine with no noticeable extra sour taste. I am now hanging shrikand outside my fridge to save room, but not hanging as long as usual. Also I help it out now and then with a gentle squeeze to speed it along.

Also I drained the mangos a bit before adding to keep the shrikand firm. Finally, I set the bowl of mango and shrikand mixture on a tray of icecubes I still had that were thawing in the fridge. This also kept the mixture firm and kept it cool before serving to Krishna. An easier method would be to set it in a freezer about 20 minutes before serving.