On busy days at home (which day isn't?) the subjis are often simple. Here's a prime example and a family favorite:
- brussels sprouts, sliced in halves
- 3-4 T ghee
- 1 t fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/4 hing
- 1 t ground coriander
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 t turmeric
- salt, as desired
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- In a frying pan on high heat, chaunce in the hot ghee the ginger until browned. Add hing and then the coriander and pepper and turmeric.
- Add the brussels and stir fry a few minutes until they begin browning.
- Add water and cover. Cook on high heat until the water evaporates and brussels are tender and beginning to brown on the bottom.
- Add salt and a little lemon juice as desired and offer to Krishna.